Women participate at the railways
- WEBM (352x288, sd 23.1 MB): 85/85527.85506.WEEKNUMMER593-HRE000[..].webm
- OGV (352x288, hd 15.5 MB): 85/85521.85506.WEEKNUMMER593-HRE00015371.ogv
- OGV (384x288, sd 6.3 MB): 85/85519.85506.WEEKNUMMER593-HRE00015371.ogv
- MP4 (352x288, sd 24.0 MB): 85/85523.85506.WEEKNUMMER593-HRE00015371.mp4
- MP4 (352x288, hd 45.8 MB): 85/85525.85506.WEEKNUMMER593-HRE00015371.mp4
- MPG (352x288, source 29.1 MB): 85/85506.WEEKNUMMER593-HRE00015371.mpg
Week number 59-32
Newsreels in which Dutch subjects of a certain week are presented.
Automatic half barriers are one of the new safety measures for railway level crossings. Also shots of several female level crossing keepers in special NS uniforms who open and close the barriers. Shots of the interior of the keeper's house. The 61-year-old mrs. Kempen, the oldest female level crossing keeper, closes the barriers in Wittum and warns the linemen along the tracks. After opening the barriers a farmer crosses the tracks with his cows. A woman closes the barriers for the last time in the evening, after which she calls a male level crossing keeper to change shifts.
- Polygoon-Profilti (producer) / Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision (curator)
- Publication date:
- 30 July 1959