Commemoration of the liberation of Eindhoven
- OGV (320x240, sd 6.9 MB): 25/25230.25223.WEEKNUMMER473-HRE0001D438.ogv
- OGV (hd 11.7 MB): 25/39704.25223.WEEKNUMMER473-HRE0001D438.ogv
- OGV (320x240, sd 3.4 MB): 25/39711.25223.WEEKNUMMER473-HRE0001D438.ogv
- MP4 (320x240, sd 12.7 MB): 25/39714.25223.WEEKNUMMER473-HRE0001D438.mp4
- MPG (352x288, source 15.1 MB): 25/25223.WEEKNUMMER473-HRE0001D438.mpg
Week number 47-39
Newsreels in which Dutch subjects of a certain week are presented.
The liberation on September 18, 1944 is commemorated in Eindhoven. The liberation flame is taken to the city by relay runners from Bayeux in France. In the evening the last one of them arrives in Eindhoven. The torch is handed over to mayor H.A.M.T. Kolfschoten in the Philips stadium. Kolfschoten moves in a torchlight procession together with a large number of clubs through the city, which has decorated with festive lightings, to the centre. Once he arrives there, the mayor transfers the flame to the memorial pillar. A large crowd is in teh streets at night and admires the different illuminations, a.o. the head office of Philips.
- Polygoon-Profilti (producer) / Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision (curator)
- Publication date:
- 18 September 1947