New department of the Kamerlingh Onnes laboratory taken into use
- WEBM (352x288, sd 16.3 MB): 01/41/141187.141171.WEEKNUMMER524-H[..].webm
- OGV (352x288, hd 16.3 MB): 01/41/141181.141171.WEEKNUMMER524-HR[..].ogv
- OGV (384x288, sd 6.5 MB): 01/41/141179.141171.WEEKNUMMER524-HR[..].ogv
- MP4 (352x288, sd 15.9 MB): 01/41/141183.141171.WEEKNUMMER524-HR[..].mp4
- MP4 (352x288, hd 30.6 MB): 01/41/141185.141171.WEEKNUMMER524-HR[..].mp4
- MPG (352x288, source 19.4 MB): 01/41/141171.WEEKNUMMER524-HRE0001001A.mpg
Week number 52-49
Newsreels in which Dutch subjects of a certain week are presented.
In the Kamerling Onnes Laboratory in Leiden a new department is taken into use. At the department scientific research is done on the liquefying of gases by using very low temperatures. The funds for the institution have been made available by the BPM. BPM director H. Bloemgarten transfers the laboratory to the State in his speech. Present are a.o. the Ministers of Education, Arts and Sciences and Finance, mr. J.M.L.Th. Cals and J. van de Kieft. SHOTS: - Ext. laboratory; - int.: speech by Bloemgarten; at the end of his speech Cals comes forward and shakes his hand; - Cals and company tour the laboratory and watch a.o. several cold gas machines; the company a.o. watches demonstrations with air that has been made very cold and thus has become liquid; they watch the historical equipment which prof. H. Kamerlingh Onnes used to liquefy helium in 1908 and view a very large electromagnet; 00:21 Van de Kieft (far right, with glasses); 01:46 Cals (far right).
- Polygoon-Profilti (producer) / Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision (curator)
- Publication date:
- 1 December 1952