Departure of the submarine "Tijgerhaai" with aboard professor Vening Meinesz
- WEBM (352x288, sd 16.7 MB): 01/39/139184.139167.WEEKNUMMER510-H[..].webm
- OGV (384x288, sd 3.8 MB): 01/39/139176.139167.WEEKNUMMER510-HR[..].ogv
- OGV (352x288, hd 9.0 MB): 01/39/139178.139167.WEEKNUMMER510-HR[..].ogv
- MP4 (352x288, sd 17.0 MB): 01/39/139180.139167.WEEKNUMMER510-HR[..].mp4
- MP4 (352x288, hd 32.5 MB): 01/39/139182.139167.WEEKNUMMER510-HR[..].mp4
- MPG (352x288, source 20.2 MB): 01/39/139167.WEEKNUMMER510-HRE0000DF53.mpg
Week number 51-04
Newsreels in which Dutch subjects of a certain week are presented.
The submarine "Tijgerhaai" of the Dutch Royal Navy departs from the port of Rotterdam for a trial run to the Dutch West Indies. Aboard are a number of scientists led by prof. Vening Meinesz., who will do research on gravity with special equipment during the journey. The preparations for the journey, the taking aboard and installing of the scientific instruments and the departure are shown. SHOTS: - The submarine lies along the quay in the submarine harbour; sailors polish the name; supplies (potatoes, bread, vegetables, meat) are taken aboard and stored; - int. submarine: crew members interfere with the different control elements; scientists Bruins(?) and Dorrestein(?) carry their measuring equipment inside, inspect it and install everything in a so-called gimbal; the camshafts of the diesel engines rotate in the engine room; - the scientific leader of the research, prof. F.A. Vening Meinesz, shakes hands with vice admiral J.J. Willinge and thanks the Navy; - the ship departs backwards.
- Polygoon-Profilti (producer) / Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision (curator)
- Publication date:
- 26 January 1959