- WEBM (352x288, sd 13.9 MB): 01/19/119941.119924.BG_31433.webm
- OGV (384x288, sd 9.7 MB): 01/19/119933.119924.BG_31433.ogv
- OGV (352x288, hd 18.5 MB): 01/19/119935.119924.BG_31433.ogv
- MP4 (352x288, sd 13.3 MB): 01/19/119937.119924.BG_31433.mp4
- MP4 (352x288, hd 25.1 MB): 01/19/119939.119924.BG_31433.mp4
- MPG (352x288, source 14.8 MB): 01/19/119924.BG_31433.mpg
Week number 65-40
Newsreels in which Dutch subjects of a certain week are presented.
The priest Abbé Pierre from France arrives with a lorry at the town hall of Hilversum for the aid campaign of the mountain village Djemila in Algeria, which is organised by the foundation Emmaüsvrienden Nederland. Mayor J.J.G. Boot hands in waste paper, followed by a.o. civil servants.The next day 700 volunteers head into Hilversum to collect waste paper, rags and metal. Outside the city the materials are sorted. With the proceeds of the campaign the village, which was destroyed by the war, can be rebuilt.
- Polygoon-Profilti (producer) / Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision (curator)
- Publication date:
- 1 October 1965