"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure"
- WEBM (352x288, sd 19.4 MB): 01/18/118787.118767.WEEKNUMMER562-H[..].webm
- OGV (384x288, sd 3.7 MB): 01/18/118779.118767.WEEKNUMMER562-HR[..].ogv
- OGV (352x288, hd 7.8 MB): 01/18/118781.118767.WEEKNUMMER562-HR[..].ogv
- MP4 (352x288, sd 20.0 MB): 01/18/118783.118767.WEEKNUMMER562-HR[..].mp4
- MP4 (352x288, hd 37.7 MB): 01/18/118785.118767.WEEKNUMMER562-HR[..].mp4
- MPG (352x288, source 23.8 MB): 01/18/118767.WEEKNUMMER562-HRE0000D763.mpg
Week number 56-27
Newsreels in which Dutch subjects of a certain week are presented.
Eggs are contaminated with a virus and then incubated at the Bacteriology and Virology department of the Institute for Preventive Medicine in Leiden. Afterwards the damage the virus does to the tissue can be seen under a microscope. There are also measurements taken for noise pollution at work and there are hearing tests with an audiometer. At the department for Occupational Medicine the pulse, blood pressure, heart muscle and metabolism of a man cycling on a hometrainer is measured.
- Polygoon-Profilti (producer) / Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision (curator)
- Publication date:
- 25 June 1956