Demonstration of emergency bandages
- WEBM (352x288, sd 51.9 MB): 01/15/115717.115702.WEEKNUMMER220-H[..].webm
- OGV (384x288, sd 18.4 MB): 01/15/115709.115702.WEEKNUMMER220-HR[..].ogv
- OGV (352x288, hd 49.7 MB): 01/15/115711.115702.WEEKNUMMER220-HR[..].ogv
- MP4 (352x288, sd 53.6 MB): 01/15/115713.115702.WEEKNUMMER220-HR[..].mp4
- MP4 (352x288, hd 100.8 MB): 01/15/115715.115702.WEEKNUMMER220-HR[..].mp4
- MPG (352x288, source 62.0 MB): 01/15/115702.WEEKNUMMER220-HRE0001C983.mpg
Week number 22-09
Newsreels in which Dutch subjects of a certain week are presented.
Overview (several close ups) of guests at an open air demonstration of First Aid from the Eerste Hulp Vereeniging "Snelverband" (First Aid Association "Emergency bandages") on the occasion of their 12.5 years existence. Guests are a.o. mr. C. Maarschalk and his wife 18", Alderman mr. J.N.J. Heerkens, three female and eight male council members, Chief Inspector and Commissioner of Police, respectively mr. C.J. Bos and mr. E.H. Tenckinck, medical director of the association dr. C.L.W. Ruys, commander and first adjutant of the fire brigade, respectively mr. Vd Broek and mr. J.G. Martin, chairman of the Nationale Bond tot Redding van Drenkelingen (National Federation for the Rescue of Drowning Persons) dr. Van Eeden, secretary of the Dutch Association EHBO, mr. C.F. Utermöhlen and many others from the medical and/or public sphere. Location: the Brongebouw (Bron building) in Haarlem where a platform has been put up (in the garden ?) where different types of First Aid are demonstrated by staging domestic accidents, falls, fainting etc. after which "first aid" (transportation by stretcher, applying compresses, bandaging, splinting) is applied by a.o. a nurse 38" + 2'07" + 34". Also: shots of old ambulance + demonstration of unloading stretcher 20"; boy playing with a slingshot 16"; close ups and medium shots of young women with hats (a.o. peeling a banana and eating 13", walking in the forest 20").
- Polygoon-Profilti (producer) / Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision (curator)
- Publication date:
- 2 September 1922