Launching of the 'Magna Pete'
- WEBM (352x288, sd 11.7 MB): 01/12/112676.112659.WEEKNUMMER482-H[..].webm
- OGV (384x288, sd 3.5 MB): 01/12/112668.112659.WEEKNUMMER482-HR[..].ogv
- OGV (352x288, hd 8.6 MB): 01/12/112670.112659.WEEKNUMMER482-HR[..].ogv
- MP4 (352x288, sd 12.0 MB): 01/12/112672.112659.WEEKNUMMER482-HR[..].mp4
- MP4 (352x288, hd 22.8 MB): 01/12/112674.112659.WEEKNUMMER482-HR[..].mp4
- MPG (352x288, source 14.3 MB): 01/12/112659.WEEKNUMMER482-HRE0000DEF1.mpg
Week number 48-27
Newsreels in which Dutch subjects of a certain week are presented.
During the sideways launch from a shipyard in Hoogezand the coaster "Rian" capsized. To prevent recurrence a different procedure is followed for the sideways launch of another ship, the "Magna Pete". The ship, which is named after the women's students' union from Groningen, is christened by the president of this union, A.A. Hoving. SHOTS: 00:00 ARCHIIVE MATERIAL The "Rian" lies capsized in the Winschoterdiep. 00:14 LAUNCHING The "Magna Pete" lies sideways on the slipway on a couple of wooden beam. Workers grease the beams with some lubricant. Other workers turn a large winch. With a cable the "Magna Pete" is pulled centimeter by centimeter and slides very slowly towards the water over the slippery beams. Eventually it slides into the water in one calm motion.
- Polygoon-Profilti (producer) / Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision (curator)
- Publication date:
- 24 June 1948