Dredging school in Delfzijl
- WEBM (352x288, sd 21.6 MB): 01/08/108566.108550.BG_9727.webm
- OGV (384x288, sd 13.0 MB): 01/08/108558.108550.BG_9727.ogv
- OGV (352x288, hd 27.5 MB): 01/08/108560.108550.BG_9727.ogv
- MP4 (352x288, sd 20.9 MB): 01/08/108562.108550.BG_9727.mp4
- MP4 (352x288, hd 39.9 MB): 01/08/108564.108550.BG_9727.mp4
- MPG (352x288, source 25.0 MB): 01/08/108550.BG_9727.mpg
Week number: 79-15
Newsreels in which Dutch subjects of a certain week are presented.
The only intermediate technical school for dredging education in the Netherlands is located in Delfzijl. The school, orginated by the Koninklijk Onderwijsfonds voor de Scheepvaart (Royal Education Fund for Shipping), should lead to well educated middle management. The students spend the practical year of the three years course aboard one of the dredgers to become familiar with the different techniques. Some of the students stay at the boarding school, located near the school. SHOTS: dredge in the harbour of Delfzijl; close up of the building of the intermediate technical school for dredging education; students in the classroom and aboard a dredger; students together in the dining room and washing dishes; int. of a room at the boarding school; trailing suction hopperdredger at sea; student learns the technique of suction dredging; close ups of suction tube and cutter axis with cutting head; a terrain is raised with sludge.
- Polygoon-Profilti (producer) / Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision (curator)
- Publication date:
- 1 January 1979